Share your complete Nord Stage programs/patches for the Nord Stage CLASSIC and EX!
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Comfortably Numb keyboards - Pînk Floyd

Postby mon8169 » 30 May 2011, 20:34

Here's a program I started a long time ago ... but I quit the band I was in, so it remains unfinished.

The sound isn't quite there, but maybe somebody will found it useful to start with. I tried to voice the brass seccions by fingering between chords with velocity sensing and some aftertouch to push a little the left hand volume. All in all it was a nightmare to control and at the end it didn't cut through the band.

Comfortably Numb.nspg
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 1226 times

see you
Attachments
Comfortably Numb.mp3
(820.87 KiB) Downloaded 6155 times
Last edited by mon8169 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers!
Ramon

Nord Stage Classic 76, Cantabile with Pianoteq, IK Hammond B-3X, NI B4-II and others.

The author mon8169 was thanked by:
frankwolf
mon8169
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Comfortably Numb keyboards - Pînk Floyd

Sponsor

Re: Comfortably Numb keyboards - Pînk Floyd

Postby Hanon_CTS » 03 Jun 2011, 17:55

mon8169 wrote:...All in all it was a nightmare to control and at the end it didn't cut through the band...

Hi Ramon,
I think I've played with that band before "everyone's amps go to eleven" ;)
It's a good patch.
Most of the Pink Floyd shows that I've seen have three people playing keys.
You're a great player, but to pull off 3 people's work with a "flawless!" would be superhuman, or at bare minimum "Jordan Rudess"!
In your demo clip, the brass voicings are too dense, try dropping out the root note of the chord "Moog Taurus pedals are playing that anyway" spread out the third and fifth by as many notes as possible "6th interval". Loose the brass part in lieu of the second string part during the string arpeggios.

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Comfortably Numb keyboards - Pînk Floyd

Postby mon8169 » 04 Jun 2011, 18:26

Hanon_CTS wrote:Most of the Pink Floyd shows that I've seen have three people playing keys.
You're a great player, but to pull off 3 people's work with a "flawless!" would be superhuman, or at bare minimum "Jordan Rudess"!
Cheers, Hanon

I know, I know.... but I always found quite boring to play pad sounds with just the chords. I like this song very much, but playing it, from my keyboarder perspective, is another matter!!

The problem with the patch is that the Stage just allows 2 synth sounds together and I'm aiming for 3 voices.... but I don't need to play the song anymore, so it remains unfinished...

Ramon
Last edited by mon8169 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers!
Ramon

Nord Stage Classic 76, Cantabile with Pianoteq, IK Hammond B-3X, NI B4-II and others.
mon8169
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Return to Nord Stage Classic/EX Programs (*.nspg files)