The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Possible Leslie 2101mk2 setup

Postby flmc59 » 29 Apr 2013, 11:31

My conclusion having experimented with outboard bass sounds is that you mix in some of them in the organsound and it still works.
Doublebass is the sound that works best as a standalone sound.
But I always end up with just using only the organ since that gives a coherent sound.
Using external takes a lot of thought and work to make sure they blend i well.

I also find it a challenge to work the organ on its own merits. Just as they did when that was all they had.
flmc59

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Sponsor

Postby Mooser » 30 Apr 2013, 17:53

"Best way to get sustain on a B3 - play with slippery socks so you glide fast."

True, and mostly heel on the white notes, and a chromatic aproach note helps, but something like I-V or a boogie-woogie 1-3-5-6-b7 could use some sustain. And room resonance and volume also helps if there's no sustain.

"Miss Dennerlein has a sampler on top of her B3. All notes are sampled individually from a real contrabass. She told this on a gig where I have been."

And when I listen, I'm pretty sure I hear some sustain on it. It holds the last pedal note until the next one is struck. Even Ms. Dennerlin, with two left feet which are oh, so neat, needs sustain for a pedal-only bass line. No matter how the tone is produced, by oscillator, tone wheel, sample or synthesis.

Where is my 3300? Why isn't a 3300 being delivered to my door this instant? Who is responsible for this travesty! Everybody's got a C2D and 3300 except me. I thought they came free when I joined the forum?

Lenny Dee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=845YqNyFXkk used pedal sustain! Case closed, I should think!
Last edited by Mooser on 30 Apr 2013, 18:04, edited 3 times in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby Mooser » 30 Apr 2013, 18:10

"But I always end up with just using only the organ since that gives a coherent sound."

I can't make anything except the usual pedal setting (6-8, 0) work for the combination LH and pedal tap bass. I tried using, say LH bass for the verse, and "synth-bass" on pedal with LH chords for bridge, but the sounds are too different, and you can't 'tap" with sustain. Using the pedal drawbars alows them to blend, or take over for each other. When I try that I get so mixed-up I walk away from the organ on my hands.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum