Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

please help! restore samp lib partition?

Postby maxbau » 25 Apr 2013, 22:04

please help! how to restore samp lib partition, which was there by default? I accidentally deleted all that was there through the Nord Sound maneger and now it's empty and when I'm doing Nord Wave Factory Backup, restored only Program partition and many of the sounds have changed their sound
maxbau

please help! restore samp lib partition?

Sponsor

Re: please help! restore samp lib partition?

Postby mjbrands » 26 Apr 2013, 00:23

If you do a full restore of the factory backup (which can be found on the DVD that came with the Wave or downloaded from the Nord site), it should restore both the program and sample partitions. This takes quite a long time (like 12 minutes, from memory).

You can also rename the backup file (NWB) to a ZIP file, after which you can open it to get access to the individual programs and samples in it. To do this, change the file's extension from .nwb to .zip and then double-click the file. On both Windows and OS X this should give you direct access to all the files in the backup. You can then use the Sound Manager to download the individual files to your Wave, just like with any other sound/sample.

What's going wrong here then? You had the factory backup somewhere on your computer and when you restored it using the Sound Manager, it only downloaded the programs and not the samples?
Last edited by mjbrands on 26 Apr 2013, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
mjbrands

Postby maxbau » 26 Apr 2013, 00:43

thanks but now i have another problem! I created my sound with name 01.nsmp added it to the samp lib and program, I create from this sound 01.nsmp another new sound and save it in another place, overwrite it over the one of default sounds and gave it the name 02 and then saved it to the computer as 02.nwp, also I saved 01 as 01.nwp. today I had to restore all memory, and then I loaded my 01.nsmp, 01.nwp and 02.nwp back. and now my sound 02.nwp is changed. and I can not understand what has happened and can not return to him the sound of what it was before :( of course the sound 01.nwp is recovered because I got 01.nsmp and finally 01.nwiproj, but what do I do with my modified 02.nwp? I repeatedly removed it from synthesizer memory before this complete restoration and then loaded it back, and each time it was ok
maxbau

Postby maxbau » 26 Apr 2013, 01:30

I reordered the samples in the slots and now the program is ok, my sound is back :) I do not understand only one why they swapped after restoring?
maxbau

Return to Nord Wave Forum