Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

how to create file with sounds of both slots?

Postby maxbau » 11 Apr 2013, 04:25

I have two different samples, I create a program in the synthesizer memory and I give it a name, then put my sample1.nsmp in the one slot, then take other sample2.nsmp and put it in the another slot. but how do I create a file that contains both samples as I have it in synthesizer now. how to create one single file with this two different sounds of both slots together in one file? because .nsmp contains only one sample
Last edited by maxbau on 11 Apr 2013, 18:49, edited 12 times in total.
maxbau

how to create file with sounds of both slots?

Sponsor

Re: how to create file with sounds of both slots?

Postby Mr_-G- » 11 Apr 2013, 17:37

You load the original wav samples of the two sounds in audacity (or similar program) and mix them one by one. Then make a new nsmp file with those mixed samples.
Advantages: you get twice the polyphony (as you are using only 1 slot), or you free one slot
Disadvantages: you need to get the mix right as there is no further tweaking of the 2 original sounds.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby maxbau » 11 Apr 2013, 19:08

Mr_-G- wrote:You load the original wav samples of the two sounds in audacity (or similar program) and mix them one by one. Then make a new nsmp file with those mixed samples.
Advantages: you get twice the polyphony (as you are using only 1 slot), or you free one slot
Disadvantages: you need to get the mix right as there is no further tweaking of the 2 original sounds.

thank you for answer, but I think that my question was described or understood not quite true or if I understand you right, it is impossible. I'm wondering if I can create file with two samples in different slots. maybe it is .nwp ?
maxbau

Postby Mr_-G- » 11 Apr 2013, 21:10

I do not think you can.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Wave Forum