This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

nord discs

Postby langhouse » 01 Mar 2013, 17:41

i have had my Ne3 and Wave for over a year now and adore them, but i have never been able to run/open any on the dvd disks that came with the keyboards, has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
langhouse

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

nord discs

Sponsor

Re: nord discs

Postby mjbrands » 02 Mar 2013, 00:32

I never had any issue with the DVDs that came with my Wave and Stage 2. Since both of them are failing, have you tried some other computer?

Anyway, it's not really an issue as you can just download the software and the sounds but it is a bit of a bummer.
mjbrands

Postby langhouse » 06 Mar 2013, 01:57

yep i have tried several computers without any success i even tried setting my region to Sweden but that still didn't work
langhouse

Postby Johannes » 06 Mar 2013, 11:00

Hi,
what do you mean exactly by "run/open"? Don't you see the content in the file explorer, or can you not run the website that gives you an overview of all samples on the disc?
On my disc there were the folder for the html and images missing so I could not easily browse thru all the sounds, but the disc itself worked in the explorer, I just had to browse thru all the folders "by hand". If it is the latter, adding the folder containing the website to a local copy of the disc can overcome the problem (I could upload the small zipped folder here), if the disc is not even seen by your computer, there is no way around but to go thru the website, which is a better way anyway since you get all the latest additions and updates of the libraries and software.
Cheers
Johannes
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby langhouse » 15 Mar 2013, 18:45

my laptop would not read any of my nord dvds but would read other dvds. i tried updating drivers and firmware but that didn't solve my problem. i tried registry fixes which didn't work either. as a last resort i opened my dvd drive and gave the laser lense a clean with a soft cloth and hey presto it now works fine
langhouse

Postby mjbrands » 15 Mar 2013, 19:20

langhouse wrote:as a last resort i opened my dvd drive and gave the laser lense a clean with a soft cloth and hey presto it now works fine

Now that's a hardcore solution :lol:
mjbrands

Return to General Nord Forum