Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Can I have MIDI Clock Sync on touch?

Postby banny » 07 Jan 2013, 19:13

I'm playing a Lead 2X and often use the arpeggiator synced with an external clock. (Provided by an iPad.) Any app I've used on my iPad syncs the BPM accurately, but it does so on it's own time making it difficult to use with a band. (Our drummer uses a metronome with his sampler.) Even though both the metronome of the drum sampler and MIDI clock of the iPad are set to the same tempo, if they are not in sync with each other the arpeggiator will never be in time with the band. If you use the on-board LFO2 Rate to set the speed the Arpeggiator begins on touch, where as with the MIDI Clock sync it seems it's own internal metronome is always going and the keyboard joins in when the key is pressed. This results in an unclean entry and an arpeggiator that is constantly out of sync with a band, despite having set the same BMP.

Is there a way to sync MIDI clock data with the Lead so that the metronome of the MIDI Clock begins upon pressing the key?
Last edited by banny on 07 Jan 2013, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
banny

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Can I have MIDI Clock Sync on touch?

Sponsor

Re: Can I have MIDI Clock Sync on touch?

Postby Darren » 08 Jan 2013, 23:09

I think the Yamaha metronome app is what you need. Give it to the drummer to use and set then you can run your midi chain off of it to automatically sync your arpeggios, delays etc.
Last edited by Darren on 08 Jan 2013, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Wave, CME UF60, Studiologic VMK 161 Plus Organ, Roland Juno G, Yamaha P200, Yamaha TG77, Roland U-220, Kawai K3M, Roland Juno 60, Fender Rhodes Stage 73
Darren
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum