This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: My triple pedal squeaks atrociously

Postby trumelpuut » 27 Nov 2012, 18:40

Ok, so Thomas Johansson from Clavia's support volonteered more information today :

"Hi Fred

Back at the office, and spent 5 minutes wit ha screwdriver on a Triple Pedal. It is very easy to dismantle, and as long as you stop after getting the big chunk of the interior out, with the three pedals and the electronics, you should have no problems in getting the things back to normal again.

Do not just spray any lubricant into the unit, the contacts will most certainly suffer from that. As far as I can see, there are only two places where a squeaking could occur, and both these places can be accessed with the interior pulled out. The pedals are hinged at the rear of the unit, a white plastic thing has an axle thru it. This can be lubricated with silicone based grease. Next thing would be the spring that returns the pedal when you've lifted your foot. This part can also be lubed with the same type of grease."

The first part seems to concur with what Mr_-G- says.

Thank you, Thomas.

(personally, i think it is great to deal with a small company like Clavia, because you can be in direct relation with the right person at their world H.Q... Try the same approach with Roland or Microsoft !)
Last edited by trumelpuut on 27 Nov 2012, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
trumelpuut
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Sponsor

Postby kagamul » 29 Nov 2012, 21:13

Did it work?

I had a Yamaha pedal where the squeaking was caused by the pedal scraping the inner side of its housing. That was a horrible sound. So, treating the sides of the housing with silicone might help too, if they are in contact with the pedal.

FC4_detail4.jpg
FC4_detail4.jpg (96.72 KiB) Viewed 1522 times
kagamul
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby trumelpuut » 30 Nov 2012, 11:11

Kagamul: Right.

I didn't do it yet. I'll post here when I do...
trumelpuut
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum