Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Sound Creation

Postby lucas » 25 Oct 2012, 15:56

Hi

I'm absolute beginner, so I would like to get a little sound design lesson with Nord Wave and generally

I have 12 sounds С, С#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A, A#, B of my sample, question is which С3, С4, С5, С6 and how many octave I need to get complete quality sound?

then I got them in the NSEditor, set the loop, normalize (here wondering, how to set the volume for example for the low and high notes of piano sound, because if I give one level for all with normalize, high notes sound too loud and low too soft) ...? it is not so much with another type of sounds, but piano… I can set velocity for all notes, but can I do it with high part of notes..? I don't think so... it is not exactly something how that should be

the main question is, how to prepare and then process with NWEditor and Nord Wave Synthesizer the sound from the original sample by the rules at the professional level :?:
Last edited by lucas on 25 Oct 2012, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
lucas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Sound Creation

Sponsor

Re: Sound Creation

Postby Frantz » 25 Oct 2012, 18:11

Hello.

Are you trying to sample a real piano ?
The samples you have are 12 contiguous keys (one octave) ?
Depending on the sound you want to sample, you may need at least 1 sample every 4 half tones across the range you want to sample.
If you sample a midi instrument and still have it, you can make a midi file with different velocities and play it while you record the audio.
Nothing pro but I hope that helps a little.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Sound Creation

Postby lucas » 25 Oct 2012, 20:51

frantzkb wrote:Hello.

Are you trying to sample a real piano ?
The samples you have are 12 contiguous keys (one octave) ?

hi
thanks for answer

yes real piano recorded wav file samples one octave

frantzkb wrote:Depending on the sound you want to sample, you may need at least 1 sample every 4 half tones across the range you want to sample.
If you sample a midi instrument and still have it, you can make a midi file with different velocities and play it while you record the audio.
Nothing pro but I hope that helps a little.

I can set the individual volume level for each note, using midi or some other way, but I'm don't know what should be the ratio of the volume levels of low and high tones for example for 7 octaves if all 88 sample is recorded... maybe, there is some graph... :?: (I'm not sure, if this is the right) one thing is clear, something wrong with my piano sample, normalization changes the sound, it is becomes flat and too loud high tones) maybe, left volume as is..? maybe answer is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_key_frequencies ?
Last edited by lucas on 26 Oct 2012, 00:14, edited 10 times in total.
lucas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Return to Nord Wave Forum