Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

View instruments in program from sound manager?

Postby WendyRed » 29 Sep 2012, 06:55

I'm very new to the Nord wave and wondering if there is anyway to view what sample instruments are in a program in Sound Manager? I find myself deleting sample instruments to make room for new ones, without realising I was using some in a program and now don't know what they were! I can't seem to find info about this on the board already. Cheers. :keyboard:
WendyRed

View instruments in program from sound manager?

Sponsor

Re: View instruments in program from sound manager?

Postby mjbrands » 01 Oct 2012, 19:49

Hello WendyRed and welcome to the forum.

The Sound Manager can't show you. They implemented something like this for the Stage 2 not to long ago, but unfortunately not for the Wave.

There is hope however! If you're looking at the standard programs that are on the Wave, there are lists that show which of those use samples. Of course, that won't help if you created programs of your own that use samples.

I had the same issue and created a utility that can show this, but it is rather user-unfriendly and you'll likely only be able to use it if you're fairly IT-savvy. If there's enough interest I might make it a bit more usable, but I don't have a Wave anymore so testing is a bit hard :mrgreen:

If you want to give that utility a try, let me know.

This post has my list: nord-wave-forum-f11/which-sounds-have-samples-t1318.html?hilit=samples#p12928

proglist.txt is the file you're likely interested in; the other one lists all the default samples followed by the programs they're used in. On Windows you might need to open the files with Wordpad instead of Notepad if you only see gobbledygook with everything on a single line.

I know someone else posted one too (a nice PDF maybe), but I wasn't quickly able to find that.
Last edited by mjbrands on 01 Oct 2012, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
mjbrands

Re: View instruments in program from sound manager?

Postby gkilsti » 06 Oct 2012, 11:51

Hi!

Have a look at my web-based tool for Nord Wave, http://mynordwave.com

It shows you all relations between programs and samples in your files.
I've been using this for a while and it's very helpful when organizing your sample memory.

Geir.

The author gkilsti was thanked by:
pablomastodon
gkilsti

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Return to Nord Wave Forum