Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Rack 3 does not send External MIDI Clock?

Postby de Haan » 24 Sep 2012, 19:21

Hey guys,

I have a problem getting my Nord Rack 3 to send out External MIDI Clock. It sends out MIDI clock out as long as the internal clock is selected. But when I sync it to an external (My MPC 1000) it stops sendig out MIDI Clock, though it receives the sent clock. Is this a fault in the Nord, or am I doing something wrong?
(I use SNOIZE MIDI MONITOR to monitor the MIDI)

Cheers,
Nikolaj de Haan
Last edited by de Haan on 24 Sep 2012, 19:40, edited 4 times in total.
de Haan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Nord Rack 3 does not send External MIDI Clock?

Sponsor

Re: Nord Rack 3 does not send External MIDI Clock?

Postby mjbrands » 24 Sep 2012, 21:03

Hello Nikolaj and welcome to the forum.

Do you mean you want the NR3 to send out a clock signal based on the incoming clock signal? So if it receives a 145 BPM clock, you also want it to send a 145 BPM clock?

If you would be able to do that, the quality (accuracy) of that clock would be worse than the original. How about using the MIDI Thru port? The NR3 will send anything it receives on MIDI In out again via MIDI Thru, so you could connect the MPC to MIDI In on the NR3 and then connect the MIDI Thru on the NR3 to some other piece of equipment. That will also impact the quality of the clock signal a bit, but far less than when the NR3 would generate a new clock.
Last edited by mjbrands on 24 Sep 2012, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
mjbrands

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum