Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Need help recreating Electro 2 Wurlitzer from MIDI

Postby nicolive » 13 Aug 2012, 20:19

Hi folks,

We just did a show in a medium-sized venue (about 1000 people), for which our keyboard player rented a (delicious-sounding) Nord Electro 2.

The show was recorded to multi-track, except the engineer didn't record a DI track for the Nord (derp!). We're looking to recreate the track, and to that end, she re-tracked her parts as a MIDI file.

I'm wondering if there is a VST player that I can buy which uses the Electro 2's sound bank. (She used the Wurlitzer F1 setting.)

Thanks in advance.
nicolive

Need help recreating Electro 2 Wurlitzer from MIDI

Sponsor

Re: Need help recreating Electro 2 Wurlitzer from MIDI

Postby anotherscott » 13 Aug 2012, 20:57

There are plenty of VST Wurlis you can trigger, but to get the specific Nord wurli sound, you'd have to run the MIDI file into a Nord.
anotherscott

Re: Need help recreating Electro 2 Wurlitzer from MIDI

Postby nicolive » 13 Aug 2012, 22:43

Right -- I've been using Lizard Lounge EP-3 which, as the owner of an old red EP200, sounds absolutely phenomenal, but I was hoping to be as faithful as possible when recreating the live track. Dang.

I guess my next question would be, is there a kind soul around these parts bored enough to run the MIDI file through their Nord and send me the output, heh.
nicolive

Return to Nord Electro Forum