General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Best way to play my EX live

Postby sbmusic » 30 Mar 2011, 06:20

I use the Stage EX in my church and I need to be able to change sounds efficiently for 5 songs. What is the best way to do this?
Last edited by sbmusic on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
sbmusic

Best way to play my EX live

Sponsor

Re: Best way to play my EX live

Postby Cbas » 30 Mar 2011, 06:28

Hi sbmusic and welcome to the forum.

I would just make 5 patches(programs), 1 for each song and put them in the order you are going to play them. You can even name them to your song titles.
If you need to switch sounds quickly in the middle of a song, then i would put one sound on the panel A and one on Panel B. That way you can switch with only one button.
Last edited by Cbas on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cbas
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby sbmusic » 30 Mar 2011, 18:25

Thank you Cbas. If I understand the keyboard correctly, there is no user bank to store all of my sounds, right? I have to rewrite existing programs and if I ever needed them again I'd have to do a restore. What if I set everything up Thursday night and turn the keyboard off. Will everything still be there for Sunday morning?
Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by sbmusic on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
sbmusic

Postby Cbas » 31 Mar 2011, 04:24

Yes you are correct that there is no user bank. Just rewrite some of the existing programs as you say. You can save the programs on your computer by using the Nord Sound Manager, before erasing them, so you can quickly put them back on the Nord Stage if you want to later on. If you do this, you don't need to restore the whole keyboard for getting the old programs back.

Everything that you save/store in your keyboard will still be there if you turn it off/on no matter how much time in between.

I'm glad to help. Tell me if you have more questions.

Have fun :)
Last edited by Cbas on 31 Jul 2012, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Cbas
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Stage Forum