Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

The Wall Intro Request Helicopter & Telephone

Postby gregsongs » 15 Feb 2012, 13:03

Is there anybody out there with a sample of the Intro of Pink Floyd The Wall? Specially the live version with Telephone, Helicpoter (in stereo) and the low-pitched bass tone? This may be interesting for a lot of us!
:thanks:
Last edited by gregsongs on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
gregsongs

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

The Wall Intro Request Helicopter & Telephone

Sponsor

Re: The Wall Intro Request Helicopter & Telephone

Postby Johannes » 16 Feb 2012, 11:33

Why not just sampling from the original? For instance, taking the version on PULSE, taking 0:12-0:30 and setting the loop to repeat 0:25-0:30 should give you a good background sound me thinks. OK there are some audience artefacts but not too many in fact.
Last edited by Johannes on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby gregsongs » 21 Feb 2012, 14:12

Johannes wrote:Why not just sampling from the original? For instance, taking the version on PULSE, taking 0:12-0:30 and setting the loop to repeat 0:25-0:30 should give you a good background sound me thinks. OK there are some audience artefacts but not too many in fact.

Thank You! Thats what I did last weekend. It works pretty well, but my problem is, that the sound coming out of the computer and the Sample Editor is great, but the sound coming out of my Stage2 is just crap. The complete treble is missing, although it is coming out of the same mixing console with the same adjustments. What do I have to change? :roll:
Last edited by gregsongs on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
gregsongs

Postby Hanon_CTS » 21 Feb 2012, 16:00

gregsongs wrote:Thank You! Thats what I did last weekend. It works pretty well, but my problem is, that the sound coming out of the computer and the Sample Editor is great, but the sound coming out of my Stage2 is just crap. The complete treble is missing, although it is coming out of the same mixing console with the same adjustments. What do I have to change? :roll:

Hello gregsongs,
I would start by checking the parameters related to the filter such as: filter type and cutoff frequency.
I would change it to LP12 and max the cutoff freq, turn the resonance all the way down.
Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.

The author Hanon_CTS was thanked by:
gregsongs
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby jeff1909 » 29 Jun 2012, 06:45

gregsongs wrote:
Johannes wrote:Why not just sampling from the original? For instance, taking the version on PULSE, taking 0:12-0:30 and setting the loop to repeat 0:25-0:30 should give you a good background sound me thinks. OK there are some audience artefacts but not too many in fact.

Thank You! Thats what I did last weekend. It works pretty well, but my problem is, that the sound coming out of the computer and the Sample Editor is great, but the sound coming out of my Stage2 is just crap. The complete treble is missing, although it is coming out of the same mixing console with the same adjustments. What do I have to change? :roll:

Hi gregsongs,

I am interested in hearing what you came up with... would you mind sharing? :D Would love to integrate it with my

Thanks,

Jeff
Last edited by jeff1909 on 27 Feb 2015, 05:01, edited 4 times in total.
Jeff James
jeff1909

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1

Postby UweBen » 03 Jul 2012, 12:46

The "Helicopter" sample is included in the Nord Sample Collection No. 159 "Snd FX" submitted by walkerdata Dec. 21st. 2011.
Last edited by UweBen on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
UweBen

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)