Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Metronome

Postby Johannes » 14 Jun 2012, 00:23

Hi,

inspired by a post by anotherscott, I thought that indeed it should be possible to come up with some sort of metronome based on samples.
So I recorded a metronome from 80-160bpm in 5bpm Schritten., set the loop accordingly, so just load a synth preset, load the sample and activate HOLD ON.
Now when you hit the C2 key you'll get a 80bpm metronome and each semitone up 5bpm more. Switch to the other slot and you can play along.

I recorded the metronome using a simple audio loop which was not really a good idea so it is very noisy, sorry for that, but was a long time of recording it so wanted to see if it is useful at all before doing a 100% proper version.

Cheers!
Johannes
Attachments
Metronome.nsmp
(4.35 MiB) Downloaded 792 times
Last edited by Johannes on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.

The author Johannes was thanked by:
DJKeys
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Metronome

Sponsor

Re: Metronome

Postby Niarf » 15 Jun 2012, 12:11

Excellent idea. I did one with any sound with a very short amp decay and arp on =)
Last edited by Niarf on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
Niarf

Postby maxpiano » 18 Jun 2012, 14:52

Niarf wrote:Excellent idea. I did one with any sound with a very short amp decay and arp on =)

Exactly, marimba sample and arpeggiator is all you need (but.. personally I use a metronome App on iPad instead) ;-)

Even better: arpeggiator striking the Beat "1" and delay set to have 3 repeats for "2-3-4" at lower volume, so you also get accent on the first beat. Just need to synchronize both Arp and delay to master clock but with different ratios (delay to be 4 times faster than Arp) :D
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Johannes » 25 Jun 2012, 22:53

Marimba - nice! Indeed gets a perfect metronome sound. Delay is a great idea, only problem is the arp won't accept 1/1, so I tried with the LFO instead, not perfect but definitively usable when you need to show your drummer that you DID accelerate ;-)
Attachments
Metronome.ns2p
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 555 times
Last edited by Johannes on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.

The author Johannes was thanked by:
iaorana
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)