Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Tool to record and playback?

Postby WelshMikey » 11 Jun 2012, 23:46

just wtached a youtube video, its obvious now why people are suggesting. It is also cheaper than the roland so I will definately check it out if i get a chance. Thank you.
Last edited by WelshMikey on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
WelshMikey

Sponsor

Postby RedLeo » 12 Jun 2012, 00:17

Any workstation, such as Roland Fantom, Yamaha Motif or new budget MOX series, Korg Triton or Kronos, Kurzweil, or any of their spinoffs, will be in a different league compared to a stage piano in terms of capabilities. The tradeoff is that a stage or home digital piano basically does one thing really well and is simple to operate, while a workstation is a hugely more versatile machine in terms of sound and capabilites, but will take much more effort to learn and use. Workstations can also be a bit hit-and-miss as regards how good certain sounds are, pianos particularly can vary a lot in quality from one to another.
Last edited by RedLeo on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 3 times in total.
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Postby WelshMikey » 12 Jun 2012, 18:35

Do you work at absolute music or did you just get that link by chance? That is the shop I tried the three pianos at, glad I went not only for the pianos but also the monitors, i realise the 5inch krk's are not as good as i expected and like the 6inch and adam a3x much better. Not sure which is better for a keyboard though the a3x had a lot of bass.

TBH I am looking for a piano first sythesiser second, I will 90% of the time use a piano sound as the main voice and other voices just to accompany it. I don't mind to do some of the synth stuff on a pc and create a backing track if I have to, though I have never tried this before. I am just an amature musician who hasn't even practiced for 2 years since my last piano broke. But I did have 10 years of playing before that so should pick it up again hopefully and would like to experiment more with recording and mixing my piano tracks. I will check out the sound forge pro shortly. Thank you.
WelshMikey

Postby RedLeo » 12 Jun 2012, 19:06

Hi WelshMikey

It's likely that smithwalker is a spammer working on behalf of Absolute Music. Every single one of his posts contains a link to that store.
Last edited by RedLeo on 31 Jul 2012, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Postby WelshMikey » 12 Jun 2012, 19:39

Yea just noticed his two posts in my threads are the same.
WelshMikey

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum