The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

NORD C2D arrived

Postby wunderbarman » 11 Apr 2012, 18:41

My Nord C2D arrived today. :) Its really great. I love the action of the drawbars and the organ is very easy to get around.
After a bit of experimenting and tweeking., I find preference with the original 145 leslie sim to the 122 versions particularly when on fast.
I feel it has more depth, but then that's just me . As I've said before I am more of a lounge home organ style player .
Cosmetically the wooden end blocks are a darker rosewood which is also very nice .
The C2d came included with a software disk for the Nord sound manager, printed user manual and a dust cover.
This will be perfect for my gigs and is very light for a 2 keyboard drawbar organ. :thumbup:
Last edited by wunderbarman on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.

The author wunderbarman was thanked by:
robnuckels
wunderbarman

NORD C2D arrived

Sponsor

Re: NORD C2D arrived

Postby Hanon_CTS » 11 Apr 2012, 19:16

wunderbarman wrote:My Nord C2D arrived today. :) Its really great. I love the action of the drawbars and the organ is very easy to get around.
After a bit of experimenting and tweeking., I find preference with the original 145 leslie sim to the 122 versions particularly when on fast.
I feel it has more depth, but then that's just me . As I've said before I am more of a lounge home organ style player .
Cosmetically the wooden end blocks are a darker rosewood which is also very nice .
The C2d came included with a software disk for the Nord sound manager, printed user manual and a dust cover.
This will be perfect for my gigs and is very light for a 2 keyboard drawbar organ. :thumbup:

AWESOME!! :clap: :clap:
Congratulations on your purchase and new arrival :thumbup:
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Cute James » 11 Apr 2012, 23:42

Congrats indeed!

I believe the C2D is the best clonewheel around!

Cheers,
James
x
Last edited by Cute James on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
My mind says Kawai, but my heart says Nord.
Cute James

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby dazzjazz » 12 Apr 2012, 11:22

Fantastic. Please share more thoughts soon.

Darren
Last edited by dazzjazz on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
dazzjazz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby wunderbarman » 13 Apr 2012, 11:36

Well I have been rearranging the furniture in the lounge so there is is room for the Nord tobstand at the side of my Keyb duo organ. The c2d I am using on a z stand with the hammond xpk 200 pedals. It has the appearance similar to a vox continental.
On comparison of B3 sound I would say that the KeyB through the neo ventilator is still the closest , and the Nord with its own simulations are a more reedy tone. I know if I put the Nord through the vent then it would be spot on, but the object of me buying the Nord was for A drawbar organ with light portability and quick to set up at my gigs. I,ll be using an Orla xm900 expander midied through the c2d for the extras like rhythm and other instrument sounds, but I don,t want to have to start adding extras like leslie sims at a gig because it means more cables and not enough time to set up. The Nord built in sim is good enough for me and kind of gives the Nord a new sound of its own similar to Wersi and vox having their own sound.
Last edited by wunderbarman on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
wunderbarman

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum