Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 3. HP , Piano release too long

Postby Applecapp » 13 Apr 2012, 04:42

Deal all
I've just got an electro3 HP , when I try the grand piano , from the G6 key to the higher keys , it have longer release or sustain then any other keys, is this a problem , or it is normal? More over, what situation to use long release and string res. ? Thank you very much for reply.
Last edited by Applecapp on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 3 times in total.
Applecapp

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Electro 3. HP , Piano release too long

Sponsor

Re: Electro 3. HP , Piano release too long

Postby anotherscott » 13 Apr 2012, 04:54

see post8753.html

maybe we can make this one a sticky!
Last edited by anotherscott on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Postby Applecapp » 13 Apr 2012, 05:18

Thank you very much Anotherscaott. It helps me alot and gain knowledge about this. Best regards.
Last edited by Applecapp on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Applecapp

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby anotherscott » 13 Apr 2012, 05:32

You're welcome! Oh, and for your other questions...

For the following tests, make sure Reverb and any other effects are OFF, to better hear the effects.

Without pedal down, strike and release a middle key, with and without "Long Release" engaged. You should hear the difference, on how long it takes for the sound to completely stop when you release the key. I think Long Release sounds better, more like a real piano. But you can set it however you like.

WITH pedal down, play some notes around the middle of the keyboard, trying this with and without "String Resonance" engaged. You should hear the difference in whether you get a sense that additional sounds are audible in the background, an "aura" of other notes resonating, kind of like a reverb, but a little different. If you like it, leave it engaged, if you don't, turn it off. It is designed, again, to make the sound more similar to a real piano, but in some situations, people can feel it might muddy up the sound a bit and they may want to turn it off.

I always leave both on, personally. But the buttons are there so you can set them however it sounds best to you for the purposes at hand.
Last edited by anotherscott on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Return to Nord Electro Forum