Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

midi split + local off

Postby geissls7 » 08 Apr 2012, 08:00

hi,

my first post here ...

ok, I am wondering whether it's possible to define a midi-split-zone with my nord electro 3, eg. to use two octaves with the internal sounds and have the rest of the keyboard set "local off" for using these keys for triggering, for instance, an external synth module. is that supported !?

thanx + best
stefan geissler
Last edited by geissls7 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
geissls7

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

midi split + local off

Sponsor

Re: midi split + local off

Postby Hanon_CTS » 08 Apr 2012, 17:24

geissls7 wrote:hi,

my first post here ...

ok, I am wondering whether it's possible to define a midi-split-zone with my nord electro 3, eg. to use two octaves with the internal sounds and have the rest of the keyboard set "local off" for using these keys for triggering, for instance, an external synth module. is that supported !?

thanx + best
stefan geissler

Hello geissls7,
Welcome to the forums :welcome:

Hi Stefan,
It is not possible without external equipment.

The MIDI Solutions' Router will do the job:
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodrte.htm

With this device, you could set the Electro for Local Off which would stop the the keyboard from directly triggering its' internal sounds.
MIDI out would be connected to MIDI in of the Router, Midi out1 would be connected back to the Electro's MIDI in.
The Router's MIDI out2 would then be connected to your external synth module's MIDI in.
The split point could then be configured in the Router.

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: midi split + local off

Postby anotherscott » 08 Apr 2012, 17:55

Hanon's right that an external device is the solution, but there is one possible way you might be able to do what you want without another device, if the E3 sound you want to use is organ. You can create an organ split, and set one of the two organs to silence (all drawbars at zero), so then you would only be playing organ over one part of the keyboard. If your external synth module can be set to only trigger its notes over a specified key range (i.e. the range you have not assigned to the audible organ sound), you could do a split that way. If not, you'd have a hybrid where part of the keyboard would be just the external synth module, and the other part would be the internal organ and external synth sounds layered. It's a limited solution, but I thought I'd toss it out on the off chance that it might happen to do what you want.
Last edited by anotherscott on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Return to Nord Electro Forum