Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Nord Sample Library versus nsmp samples on new NE3

Postby Squatrix » 08 Mar 2012, 17:08

I wanted to say hi to all the Nord Electro users and contributors here and announce that only yesterday I became happy and proud owner of a new NE3 73 and hope to retain these feelings for the coming months during exploration of the capabilities of my new toy.

After more the 10 years of not playing my old 2 synths (Yamaha W7 and Korg X5), I decided to sell them and start some new musical activities. I decided to buy a new keyboard/synth targeting on keyboard quality and higher sound authenticity of real keyboard instruments. I am really stunned with the difference that NE3 provides.
For all the other (non-keyboard) instruments, I am fine with my RTAS plug-ins.

After backup of the factory settings, I changed some samples just to see how easy it is with the Sound Manager. Before deleting the factory samples form NE3, I uploaded them to my PC and found out that the size of the nsmp file on NE3 is not exactly the same as size of the corresponding nsmp that is available for download in the Nord Sample Library. The difference is not big but I just wonder if anybody else found this.
Last edited by Squatrix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
Squatrix

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Nord Sample Library versus nsmp samples on new NE3

Sponsor

Re: Nord Sample Library versus nsmp samples on new NE3

Postby Hanon_CTS » 08 Mar 2012, 17:26

Hello Squatrix,
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Congratulations on your purchase.
I have never noticed this.
Could you post examples of the same file (different sizes) so we could take a look?

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Squatrix » 09 Mar 2012, 00:00

Hello Hanon,
I must admit that I was a bit hasty with making my statement about the different sizes of samples. I only tried 2 samples from Mellotron Stirngs collection. Additional random sample comparison shows that only some samples have been changed/retouched - same size this time. Anyway, these 2 that I mentioned earlier have identical version numbers in my NE3 and in Sample Library.
Cheers,
Petr
Attachments
Sample Library x NE3 default comparison.jpg
picture with nsmp files and their size
Sample Library x NE3 default comparison.jpg (50.62 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
Last edited by Squatrix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
Squatrix

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby Frantz » 09 Mar 2012, 11:47

I made these assumptions :

Maybe it comes from a different "build", I mean : the same version, but packaged ( I mean "compiled" into the nsmp format, then uploaded into the keyboard, or copied to the web site, or copied on a dvd ) at different times, so maybe with different programms/conditions that are not part of (identified by) the version.

If it loads into the keyboard then I think the file is OK (not corrupted, there is nothing missing) thanks to some "checksum" (SHA,MD5) that validates the file when it's loaded into the keyboard via Nord Sound Manager.
I would take the smallest one ;)
Last edited by Frantz on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 3 times in total.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)