Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Staging

Postby ponting » 28 Jan 2011, 13:38

For those musicians who are organ players, I am planning to purchase a portable organ, but I do not know whether to get the Hammond Xk-3c or the Nord Electro 3. If you have experience with either of these two keyboards (or both) what would you recommend?

Staging
Last edited by ponting on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
ponting

Staging

Sponsor

Re: Staging

Postby -Toro- » 28 Jan 2011, 14:34

hi Ponting.
welcome to this forum.

as usuall when it comes to sounds, it's all about your own taste. no one can say what is better than another... right?
i assume you have played both the Hammond and the Nord, since you are choosing between them in particular. so the "sound issue" should be out of discussion.

of course there are both positive and negative characteristics for both the Hammond and the Nord. if you want serious and relevant answers, then try to describe what are your requirements on the keyboard?

hope this helps.

ps. since you have also made a post in the Nord Piano section i understand you are about to get two keyboards. one for piano/EP and another one for organ sounds. if i were you i would wait for the new Nord Stage 2 and try it out. it has the best piano/EP and the best organ engine in the Nord line. if you like it maybe a NS2 and a simple midi keyboard is an option for you?
Last edited by -Toro- on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Kind regards,
Henrik
Nord Stage 4 88
Yamaha Motif Rack ES
-Toro-
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Return to Nord Electro Forum