Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Quiet (damaged) key?

Postby H NAPIER » 24 Feb 2012, 18:23

Hello folks,

Can you help?

One of my NE3 keys is playing a lot quieter than all the others. I have to hit it pretty hard to get the same volume as the other keys. Wondered what this could be?

Should I open her up or is this a 'classic' problem that can be easily fixed in other ways or actually requires professional repair?

Hamish
Scotland
Last edited by H NAPIER on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
H NAPIER

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Quiet (damaged) key?

Sponsor

Re: Quiet (damaged) key?

Postby Hanon_CTS » 24 Feb 2012, 21:54

H NAPIER wrote:Hello folks,

Can you help?

One of my NE3 keys is playing a lot quieter than all the others. I have to hit it pretty hard to get the same volume as the other keys. Wondered what this could be?

Should I open her up or is this a 'classic' problem that can be easily fixed in other ways or actually requires professional repair?

Hamish
Scotland

Hello H Napier,
Welcome to the forums.

All it takes is small bit of debris to get lodged under one of the two contacts of that key and you'll get that symptom.
I'd recommend seeking professional help.

The only way to reliably fix this problem is to open it up, which voids any remaining warranty, and could make the situation much worse.

The technical support link of the clavia site can help you find an authorized repair center.

Cheers, hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Electro Forum