Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Complete Nord sample library in one download?

Postby jaasjaas » 15 Jan 2012, 16:12

Does anyone know if it is possible to download the complete Nord sample library in one download? It is very annoying to download all the sample sets separately from Nord web site.

If someone has went through this and Nord doesn't offer the option to download all sets in one download (which it doesn't as far as I know), could someone maybe upload the complete set into a file sharing site? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by jaasjaas on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
jaasjaas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Complete Nord sample library in one download?

Sponsor

Re: Complete Nord sample library in one download?

Postby mjbrands » 15 Jan 2012, 19:04

Putting contents of the Nord Sample Library somewhere on the internet would not be legal.

I'm sure there are plugins for browsers like Firefox to download, for example, all zip files a specific page links to. If you do use some kind of tool (or browser plugin), please please PLEASE restrict yourself to a single connection. If you use lots of connections, you may speed up your download a bit but you will cause excessive load on the Nord website and impact other users trying to access their website.

I used a command line tool (wget) on UNIX to do this, but I'm sure there are Windows (and OS X) versions. You'd point wget to the individual pages in the sample library and tell it to spider 2 levels deep and only store (and fetch) zip files (wget -r -l2 -A zip <url>). A tool similar to wget is curl and it is installed on OS X by default. Unfortunately you can't tell it to only (download and) store specific types of files. Anyway, this is all probably not of much use to you :crazy:

Currently there is about 3.2 GB of content in the sample library, so it would be quite a sizable download.
Last edited by mjbrands on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
mjbrands

Postby jaasjaas » 16 Jan 2012, 10:10

Thank you for the reply! I will have to look for some software to be able to download the whole library as you suggested. It is just not the most convenient way to do it.

About legality, as the sample library is freely available (if clumsily organized) at Nord keyboards website, it probably wouldn't be very illegal to share it between Nord synth users. I didn't even find any mention of such restriction at the web site.

Also, 3.2GB isn't really that big by todays standards. If someone from Clavia reads this, please add the option to download the whole library as one file!
Last edited by jaasjaas on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
jaasjaas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Postby soulgolem » 24 Feb 2012, 12:31

excellent suggestion, i'm a new Wave owner, and about to download lots of samples, having them all in one download would be very useful, as I kind of want to try them all at least once, get familiar with all of them to make sure i'm not missing out on anything.
Last edited by soulgolem on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
soulgolem

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Wave Forum