Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord electro 3 vs Stage 2 or C2 VOX, FARF

Postby brodiddley » 07 Feb 2012, 18:56

nah, i'm not sure i even know of any 'vintage' vibrato pedals. Its a Diamond Vibrato. Its a bit pricey, but great vibrato for guitar, so I figured I'd try it on keys. Its awesome. The only problem I have with it is that it imparts a sort of meaty character to everything so that when you click it on the color of the sound changes, not real drastically, but its noticeable. Luckily, I believe there is a solution for this. It has jacks for not one but TWO expression pedals (depths AND rate), so i'm going to put an expression pedal in there for depth and then just keep it on all the time, just toe up when I don't want vibrato. Hell, it makes the whole organ sound richer. Check it out. You can hear the difference when I click it on and off here, as I don't have the expression pedal yet (its on the way). This is NE3 mono out into Diamond Vibrato which goes straight into a chandler preamp which goes into pro tools.

Attachments
vibpedal.mp3
(12.12 MiB) Downloaded 425 times
Last edited by brodiddley on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 3 times in total.
brodiddley

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby bdodds » 08 Feb 2012, 07:43

Wow that does sound quite nice.. There's a tad of beating but I'd be afraid that backing off on the rate would be too slow..

I kind of like the drastic difference between clean and vibrato - similar to leslie stop to fast with all drawbars out..
Last edited by bdodds on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
clavia ddrum4
nord lead rack 2
nord electro 73 (sold!)
nord stage classic 88 (sold!)
nord electro 3 73 (sold!)
nord stage 2 compact
bdodds
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum