It would be a good decision to try with a Nord Piano?

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
cocolia1

It would be a good decision to try with a Nord Piano?

Post by cocolia1 »

Hi Nord Users,
This is my first time here at Nord forums. I am a piano player and I always use Yamaha keyboards, for example I actually have a Yamaha Motif ES6 and a Yamaha CP33. I use piano sound 98% of the time and I am very happy with the piano samples Yamaha produce. I prefer Yamaha over Korg, over Roland and over Kurzweil. Recently one of my friends told me about the Nord keyboards. I make my research by watching youtube videos, visiting webpages and forums. I had never play any Nord keyboard, but I love the piano sounds. As I read, the model Nord Piano 88 (NP88) have a good action, is very portable and can be loaded with different piano sounds. I love the Grand Imperial, Grand Lady D and the Yamaha C7 Samples that the NP88 have. I am planning to buy a new keyboard. At this moment I am considering the Yamaha CP1 and the NP88 (the new one announced at NAMM 2012, “Nord Piano 2”). It would be a good decision to try with a Nord keyboard or to stay with Yamaha?
Last edited by cocolia1 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
maurus
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: It would be a good decision to try with a Nord Piano?

Post by maurus »

CP1 is much more expensive and has many features the NP has not, and is heavy. Maybe you should also consider the CP5?
Nevertheless - if you are a gigging piano player, the NP might please you. Check them out in person! I'd save money in your place and join the red club.
Last edited by maurus on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
cliffjpiano
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Re: It would be a good decision to try with a Nord Piano?

Post by cliffjpiano »

Yes it would be a good choice. I bought a NP88 and trying to sell my CP5 now. How I wish I had $$ to purchase a NS2 :/ occasionally I would be in the mood to play some organ sounds. the NP88 does not have organ or synths as a heads up.
Last edited by cliffjpiano on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.