The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Am I the only one

Postby Bertotti » 25 Jan 2012, 02:21

Funny but I must be the only one. I really prefer the clean looks of the C2! I don't care if it is draw bars or buttons but to me the c2 looks nicer. Apparently I am not a Hammond guy. Then again I am still holdin out hope for a C3 with all the bells and whisltes of the C2 and the Stage2 combined! Is that just crazy or what? I really thought this was the year!
Last edited by Bertotti on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Bertotti

Am I the only one

Sponsor

Re: Am I the only one

Postby Horacio » 25 Jan 2012, 06:34

Yes, they added drawbars, but still it's not like a real Hammond. They should make an organ that weighs 200 kg. That's the real thing.

:shock:
Last edited by Horacio on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Horacio

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Ritchie333 » 25 Jan 2012, 14:10

Does the C2D pitch bend if you turn it on and off quickly? And does it have sensor switches to emulate a crashing spring reverb? ;-)
Last edited by Ritchie333 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Ritchie333

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby robnuckels » 26 Jan 2012, 23:47

I think the look of the c1 or c2 is superior : the 2 open areas at either end atop the 'swell' manual are quite useful. at a solo gig, i've put a drum machine on the left . I also have put my ROLAND CD2i portable cd recorder there . I'll probably get a small mackie mixer for this recorder, in which case, I'll be using the onstage platform keyboard stand to enable me to make use of the '2nd tier' for the drum machine (i run a 12" by 20" 1/4" plexie glass across the inexpensive 2nd tier) on the 2 left & right open ends atop the nord, I''ll stage the recorder, & on the other side, the mixers.
For looks alone ? both the c1 & c2 have a look of their own : classic red that just invites the player to just SCREAM on the keys. the new c2o, on the other hand. looks much more cluttered, more functional maybe, but more like the Mojo, the sk2, etc. It took me awhile to accept the red, & the drawbuttons, ( PRIOR to buying the nord) but TWO MANUALS....FOUR ORGANS.......ALL THE REVERB, OVERDRIVE YOU NEED......unexcelled CHORUS/VIBRATO....... 34 ILBS ! Everybody else is trying to keep up with NORD 'b3 wannabee', even Hammond ! Somebody had the right idea from the git......I think we ALL knew that sooner or later, Nord would get around to adding drawbars , which is KOOL....now there's even more options (for a bigger mix of players). I think that sooner or later, Nord will offer a 2-manual keyboard that offers non-organ sounds (as well as organ) in 1 package. the clonewheel market is fascinating .....the other forums make that abundantly clear.
Last edited by robnuckels on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
robnuckels

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby Mooser » 27 Jan 2012, 19:16

I still want to know, and apparently nobody can tell me: How do the new "real drawbars" reflect the changing programs and organs? On a drawbutton C2, the display always, always reflects exactly what the organ is doing, and which organ is selected. And each drawbar (or "stop-button" for the Farf and Pipe models) can then be minipulated further. On a draw-bar C2D once you change programs or organ model, the drawbars no longer reflect the way the organ is set.
Are they "snap to" (when you touch them, the setting fopr that drawbars moves to the current position of the drawbar) or do you have to move them to "catch" the current setting, and then modify. Either way, that sucks, in my opinion.
Frankly, I can see two sets of drawbuttons per manual as a better move than "real" drawbars.
Last edited by Mooser on 31 Jul 2012, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum