General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Differences between different versions / samples

Postby JohnDonovan » 10 Jan 2011, 14:43

Hi,

I've recently bought a NS88 Revision B, and am very happy with the purchase - have been wanting a Nord Stage for ages!

Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on the differences between sample versions. I've found some great resources through this forum, and at Nords own site. I've been particularly interested in http://www.hotrodmotm.com/stagelibrary/ which provides downloads of the different samples Nord have released under different versions.

The thing is, owning a non-EX stage with 128MB memory - obviously memory is at a premium so was wondering what differences there are between say the SteinwayD Yamaha C7 samples contained within versions: 2.1, 3, 4 etc? (or indeed Rhodes samples etc)

I've updated my keyboard to the latest OS and it seems to load all the different samples available - just trying to figure out the pros/cons between different sample sets/sizes? And are some of these different sample versions actually the same Piano/recordings just set-up in a different way (better sound/more efficient use of memory etc??)
Last edited by JohnDonovan on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
JohnDonovan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Differences between different versions / samples

Sponsor

Re: Differences between different versions / samples

Postby -Toro- » 10 Jan 2011, 18:55

hi JohnDonovan!

the Nord team has constantly done minor or major improvements in the sampling. but that doesn't necessarily means you'll prefer the later sample versions! you simply have to try them out and see which suits your ears and playing style best.

good luck with your playing and congratulations to a nice synthesizer! :)
Last edited by -Toro- on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Kind regards,
Henrik
Nord Stage 4 88
Yamaha Motif Rack ES
-Toro-
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Return to Nord Stage Forum