Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: A Philicorda for Christmas

Postby doctorgeorge » 09 Jan 2012, 12:54

skipgilles wrote:Haha, you're not suggesting my philicorda needs tuning, do you?!

:D

Your sample sounds awesome, but I thought you said your Philicorda was out of tune, and 'that's just the way Philicorda's are'. I dream of a world where Phili's are all in perfect tune!

;)

Can I ask you how you managed to properly loop the vibrato? I tried for ages with my GM751 and I can't seem to make it happen.

Thanks!

- Gerben
Last edited by doctorgeorge on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Custom painted Nord Electro 3, previously Stage Classic.

Check out my band: http://www.facebook.com/thecosmiccarnival

Peace!
doctorgeorge

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby skipgilles » 09 Jan 2012, 14:00

Cool, when I'm in my parental home where the Philicorda lives, I'll give it a try! In fact, al lot of keys were also broken, so sounded like another note, really bad. For the rest, I tried to make as many individual samples as I could and interpolated the really bad tones (and found then out that the nord sample editor does this for you automatically...). Considering the size of the samples, you also sampled each note individually?

Cool that you ask for the vibrato-loop, so I can tell that it was a lot of work to get that sounding somewhat nice :). For each individual note, I've been fine tuning the start, length and cross fading of the loop settings (in the nord sample editor). There appeared to be no particular trick, so I did just trial and error. In some notes the periods are still pretty clearly audible, in others I managed to make it quite smooth. So, if you wanna do it, just prepare yourself for an hour or so tweaking.
Last edited by skipgilles on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
skipgilles
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Previous

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)