The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

More Pipe Swell Pedal?

Postby jgowen » 05 Jan 2012, 01:35

Wed 1/04/2012 6:17 pm. So I will try and submit this piteous plea to the Nord Technical_support thing as well as positing it here, so I can be annoying and repetitive.

In the next revision of the Nord C2 software, I would like an option to switch the pipe organ expression pedal from swell-only -- the way it now in version 1.32 -- to alternately controlling swell/great/pedal. ... Then again, *is* there a way to do that in the current version? ... Anyway, I think this should happen because:

1. It would make me happy.

2. It could conceivably help C2 "pipe organ" sales, i.e. to church / educational institutions.

3. If you need a historical excuse, George Ashdown Audsley in his revered and beloved two-volume *The Art of Organ Building* (1905; Dover edition 1965) devotes the *entire* Chapter XVIII (2nd volume) "The Swell in the Organ" to advocating swell shutters for all manuals!

4. I doubt J.S. Bach ever met a swell shutter anyway, so Nord might as well provide the increased functionality. Mind you, I like the swell-only effect; I'd just also like the alternative....

-- j.g. owen * http://owenlabs.org/rant4.htm#nord
Last edited by jgowen on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.

The author jgowen was thanked by:
Hanon_CTS
jgowen
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

More Pipe Swell Pedal?

Sponsor

Re: More Pipe Swell Pedal?

Postby Hanon_CTS » 06 Jan 2012, 02:38

Hello jgowen,
Welcome to the forums.

Hi jg,
I just wanted to say welcome, and +1 your idea as it doesn't appear as if there's any way to do this on the C2, even via MIDI CC.
Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum