Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Piano 88 pedal fail

Postby jamienewman » 12 Dec 2011, 01:54

Another question for the ever-reliable Hanon:

The triple pedal on my Piano 88 failed last week. Plugged it in while setting up for a gig and it simply didn't work. (Fortunately, we weren't playing any ballads . . . . ). Blah. Got the board home and tried my little single Yamaha pedal and that worked fine. Any thoughts about what the problem might be?

I'm wondering if there are any triple pedals made by other manufacturers that would work with the Piano 88. This most recent experience makes me think I should be traveling with a back-up, but the retail price for a replacement Nord pedal -- $299 -- is just ridiculous. (Kinda like the hundred bucks you've gotta pay for that little piece of bent sheet metal they call a music stand, or the $300 Nord wants for its gig bags . . . . )

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by jamienewman on 31 Jul 2012, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
jamienewman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Piano 88 pedal fail

Sponsor

Re: Piano 88 pedal fail

Postby Hanon_CTS » 13 Dec 2011, 16:12

Hello jamienewman,
Did you check the Pedal Menu setting of the NP to see if it had somehow changed to a standard open/close pedal? Not that you would have changed it, but others have reported settings spontaneously changing before.

Have you tried powering off the NP, reconnecting the Nord Triple Pedal, and powering back on?

I can't imagine what other than the cable or jack could have failed so catastrophically with the triple pedal.

As of this time, there aren't any compatible triple pedals available from other manufacturers.

I don't have any relevant comments as to the pricing structure.

Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum