General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: pitch bend range

Postby CountFosco » 20 Apr 2018, 13:13

Glide and slide! (as a workaround)
(I love the Lead A1's +/-12 PB setting. You can even set the minus range different to the plus range, which is cool in fat synth solos when you want to bend down by an octave but up by a tone)
EDIT: just read what you were trying to do more carefully, guess glide and slide won't help you there
Last edited by CountFosco on 20 Apr 2018, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
CountFosco

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Sponsor

Postby ajstan » 21 Apr 2018, 01:28

ryryjones wrote:@baekgard (or anyone else) could you elaborate on how you might use the wheel to morph bend further than two semi-tones? I have a synth patch where I hit the note 5 or 6 times in a staccato pattern while using the pitch stick to bend down, which creates a great effect. However, I would love to get further down the scale, and i was disappointed, as a new NS3 owner, that I could not adjust the pitch stick parameter.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond,
Ryan

If you use a “Classic”, “Wave”, or “Formant” as Osc 1, then set the Osc 2 Config (using the Shift button) to “SEMI OSC CTRL”. Now, when you turn the OSC CTRL knob the pitch will increase when you turn the knob clockwise. You can then assign the OSC CTRL knob to the Wheel or a Control Pedal to morph/bend the sound In the direction you want.

This doesn’t work with Osc1 set to Samples or the Superwaves (which are samples as well).
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum