Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Program change for MIDI upper

Postby Jon Lukas » 12 Apr 2018, 17:54

Hi all,

I have an Electro 5D/61, and I'm using a Novation Peak as an external synth for the right hand (upper) part. It works great, except I can't see how to send program changes to the upper part.

My global MIDI channel on the Electro is set to 1, and it seems the global channel is used for program changes.

My upper send channel is 2, and the Peak is receiving on 2, but it doesn't receive program changes. If I set the Peak to channel 1, then it does receive program changes (but then all notes are active instead of just the right side of the split).

Has anyone found a way to send program changes to the upper MIDI part (without external hardware)?

Thanks!
Last edited by Jon Lukas on 12 Apr 2018, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Piano 5-73, Omnisphere, NI Komplete, Logic Pro.
Electro-jazz chill: http://echofabric.com
Jon Lukas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Program change for MIDI upper

Sponsor

Re: Program change for MIDI upper

Postby marvintheandroid » 17 Apr 2018, 16:26

If you save you setting in a program you can Program Change to that Program on the global MIDI Channel but you can just change an individual part via MIDI to my knowledge. If you want to change just the upper part sound with a sound staying the same in the lower part you would have to create 2 programs and switch between the two!
Marvin

Nord Stage 3, Nord Electro 4D 61, Nord Electro 5D 73, Nord A1,Roland FA-08, Roland Jupiter 50, Roland fantom XR, Roland JV80, Apple Mainstage.
marvintheandroid

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum