General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Stage 3 76 keyrange as a controller

Postby zahush76 » 16 Apr 2018, 08:52

So, i'm trying to control some kontakt libraries with keyswitching on the far left of the keyboard.
Back when i had even a simple 61 key controller, i had octave up/down.
Besides the individual octave shift of each section, which doesn't affect the overall octave shift of the NS as a controller - i couldn't find anything else. Am i missing something here - or am i destined to use the mouse in order to reach for these key switches?
zahush76

Stage 3 76 keyrange as a controller

Sponsor

Re: Stage 3 76 keyrange as a controller

Postby maxpiano » 16 Apr 2018, 10:38

There is an Octave setting on the Extern section (which is the one to use when you want the NS3 to act as a controller)
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby baekgaard » 16 Apr 2018, 11:02

As @maxpiano says, you should probably not use global MIDI mode, but rather use the extern section to send data to Kontakt, in which case you can use the octave up/down buttons on the extern section.

As a side note: In the MIDI settings (page 4/4, IIRC), you can set the board to transpose either incoming MIDI or outgoing MIDI when you use global/per program transpose values. Depending on how this is set up and what you currently do, there could also be an impact as to how your Kontakt library plays -- but if you're not using those transpose settings (I assume not), then you probably don't have a need to adjust this setting. So this last bit of info was "just in case" :-)
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby zahush76 » 17 Apr 2018, 23:17

baekgaard wrote: you can use the octave up/down buttons on the extern section.

Actually, looking at it right now - there's just one button for octave shift on the extern section, and not two like on the other sections. Annoying.
zahush76

Return to Nord Stage Forum