General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NS3 OS Update 1.40

Postby Klangwerk » 13 Apr 2018, 10:36

I couldn´t agree more with Alex.

Two things I need: To do the change to another Bank and to change the programs (in numeric mode) by hit one button. e.g. i want to change from A 33 to A 45, I want to "preload" the 4 and press just the 5, when I need the sound.
Now the 4 disappears after a few seconds, when a second button is not hit. That should be improved. :thumbup:

Thank you
Helmuth
Racks: Roland XV-3080, Fantom XR, D-05 / JD-08
Keys: Nord Lead 3, Nord Stage 2, Nord Stage 3 compact / Yamaha MX49 / Korg Micro XL
Attic: DX-7 II FD / EX-5 R / Korg 05/RW / Roland JD-800 / JD-990 / E-MU Virtuoso, Proteus 2000, XK-6

The author Klangwerk was thanked by:
brane
Klangwerk
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby analogika » 13 Apr 2018, 11:53

Klangwerk wrote:I couldn´t agree more with Alex.

Two things I need: To do the change to another Bank and to change the programs (in numeric mode) by hit one button. e.g. i want to change from A 33 to A 45, I want to "preload" the 4 and press just the 5, when I need the sound.
Now the 4 disappears after a few seconds, when a second button is not hit. That should be improved. :thumbup:

Thank you
Helmuth

I think this is necessary without an “Exit” or Cancel Button.

I’m playing program #33 and want to go to #42.

I accidentally hit the 5 — no matter what else I press, it’s going to change the program to something I don’t want.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by 3 members, including:
AlexNagelrtuckrbaekgaard
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 13 Apr 2018, 15:42

analogika wrote:
Klangwerk wrote:I couldn´t agree more with Alex.

Thank you
Helmuth

I think this is necessary without an “Exit” or Cancel Button.

I’m playing program #33 and want to go to #42.

I accidentally hit the 5 — no matter what else I press, it’s going to change the program to something I don’t want.

This is why I suggested the possibility of not eliminating the time out, but simply extending it to, say, 10 seconds, so it could function well as a Pending Load for most instances, but wouldn't trap you forever in limbo (or a mistake). That said, there is the Shift/Exit button, they could program it so that, if the patch select were in the Pending state we're talking about, that button would restore you to the sound you were playing.
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum