General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord keys

Postby macco00 » 25 Mar 2018, 15:15

Hi. In your opinion is better to buy only Ns3 or buy Ns2,Nord C2D and lead a1 all togheter?
Thanks a lot
Last edited by macco00 on 25 Mar 2018, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
macco00

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Nord keys

Sponsor

Re: Nord keys

Postby Falcon2e » 25 Mar 2018, 16:11

I would suggest that you take time to read the product specifications of each of the instruments. In my opinion, the Stage 2 and Stage 3 keyboards might be the best all round KB. If you play mostly organ, then the C2 D might be what you want. Click here http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products
Falcon2e

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby anotherscott » 25 Mar 2018, 17:57

macco00 wrote:Hi. In your opinion is better to buy only Ns3 or buy Ns2,Nord C2D and lead a1 all togheter?
Thanks a lot

Unanswerable question. Depends on your needs. But in the second scenario, if your attempt were to get their best of everything (piano/organ/synth), the Nord Piano 3 beats the NS2. You still wouldn't have the ability to process samples through a synth so if you want that too, you still need a Stage 2-or-greater (or a Nord Wave). Or if you want the synth to respond to aftertouch. But maybe you don't care about doing those things. Which brings me back to, it depends on your needs. Each combination will do some things the others can't. The only way to get it all is to buy it all.
anotherscott

Postby Quai34 » 26 Mar 2018, 10:12

I asked myself the same question (well, second time I say that tonight!!) when I bought my Stage 2....At that time I had the choice of the Stage EX and the Stage 2, with its new Synth capabilities and so on....But yes, as Anotherscott said, I wanted to get the best of all....I was already asking Pablo, the rep for Nord for North America about the Lead and the C2 even without having bought my Stage but already knowing that I was going to finally bought the Stage 2 first....And this is what I did...I bought the Stage 2, then, waited untill I found a Used Lead 2X (and was lucky to find an "Anniversary one" with reverse black keys...) and couldn't accept to put another 4000$ on a C2d 2/3 years later but found a nice C2 at a really cheap price....Ok, I had already bought the Ocean Beach Drawbars so, I knew I wasn't going to miss the physical drawbars on my C2...and the c2 was able to take the C2D engine and Leslie, free bonus....
So, well, if you have the cash for the 3 of them right now, and if the missing features of the Stage 3 (like smooth transition etc...., More memory etc) don't bother you, I would go with the 3 units....If you cannot wait....
If you are patient, just buy the stage 3, then the C2d, then the Lead etc....And you will have the choice of having the best of each modules for any kind of situation....A lot of us do that you know, it took us a lot to buy all what we have in our signature....
Last idea, if you say to a store that you are going to buy, a Stage 3, a Nord Lead and a C2D, I'm pretty sure you will get a hell of deal and they will offer you their "red carpet" for any financing you want....Hey, you're thinking of buying the equivalent of a small car...
Last edited by Quai34 on 26 Mar 2018, 10:17, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Stage Forum