I can only repeat myself in saying that I am very happy about the way this forum is taking, heading to a thousand members, and, even more importantly, in the quality of peoples' posts and comments. Also I would like to thank all of you who wrote me over the last months suggesting new features, improvements, commenting or just giving some feedback on this little community. As I tried to address most of the issues mentioned, I wanted to briefly present the changes/improvements I implemented so far:
In particular I am very happy that spam registrations have almost completely disappeared since the spam question is a more "musical" registration task ;-) So far, no(!) spammer managed to pass this very simple test ;-) here is a screenshot if you registered before:
So for the moment I don't have to go a step further asking for a Bill Evans Voicing for G7b9 or something more complicates...
Still,l with the number of members increasing, in particular, people from the US, I am particularly happy that Hanon_CTS from sunny Florida accepted to become the third Moderator with toro.larsson and Cbas to represent this geographical extension of the user base! Kudos to all three who have been generously very active with around 200 posts in sharing their knowledge, providing assistance and making this community work!!
- In the Nord Stage Section, I introduced a "Topic attribute:" as [NS C/EX], [NS2] or [General] which should be set with each new thread in order to indicate whether it is a NS2 specific question, Classic/EX, or General NS thread. This way, I hope to avoid confusion given the substantial differences of the NS2. (I did not want to open a new forum since still many issues are the same). So please use these attributes to make it easier to help you out!
- The separation of NS Classic/EX and NS2 patches seemed to work well, given the incompatibility this hopefully improves accessibility of the patches.
- Also I added a google search function in the search page if you don't succeed with the standard search engine.
- Since I saw a couple of For Sale/Trade posts and had some requests for that, I created a new "Garage Sales" Section (buysell/) where you can post Sale/Trade/Buy Ads. So please if you have anything to buy/sell/trade, use this section only. This way, the forum should remain free from ads, for sale/trade offers or other commercial stuff. Any related posts should be moved into this new area.
- Single Forum Feeds: If you wish to read only one or two of the fora, you can do so either by clicking on the RSS/ATOM icon in the address bar, or, if you want to add it, e.g., in Google Reader, choose the URL with a small suffix based on the number of a forum (last digits of the forum URLs) as follows:
feed.php?f=9 for the Nord Electro Forum or
feed.php?f=3 for the Nord Stage Forum or
feed.php?f=5 for the Nord Stage Classic/EX patches etc.
- Photo Gallery - in order to have a central place for pictures of setups, live pictures, or from DIY jobs. In order to not let them get burried in old threads: gallery/index.php
- Also, if you have not yet come across, thanks Henrik/toro.larsson for his excellent MIDI tutorial(the Nord Stage and MIDI) which I am sure will help a lot of people in getting their setup right!!
- If you ever feel like leaving this community, feel free to delete your account using the option in the User Control Center, if moreover you want your posts to be removed just send me an email.
- Finally, since I had two requests from fellow members, you can now contribute a small donation to this forum via the Donate link on the bottom right of the page (donate.php)
Have a good day!