in an effort to get an easier overview of current bugs of the NS2, following a suggestion by Hanon_CTS I will start collection reported bugs in the first post of this topic.
That is, this post will get updated (for now, only Mods can edit this post) regularly taking into account the issues posted by members at the end of the thread.
So if you have a problem and think it is a bug of your NS, please continue posting them replying to this topic or refer to the ones already collected here!
For a wishlist for new features please refer to this post instead
- Dual KB doesn't work in split mode
- when switching from Slot A (without KB Zones) to Slot B (with KB Zones) the "Set Hi Split"- oder "Set Lo Split"-Knob is activated for both Zones.
- pressing shift + turning a knob should display the programmed value while not changing it. This doesn't work.
- With "local off" the dedicated Rotor speed control pedal, the MW (for morphing important) and the pitch stick doesn't work anymore. The CC values are not transmitted.
- Drive has too much Effect, no subtle Settings possible
- If you choose in "SYSTEM" menu "Ctrl Pedal Use as Swell: Yes" control pedal starts to work as swell pedal (like it's supposed) but it does not work any more as a control pedal
- Volume problems when Swell Pedal was used or previously connected Fixed in v1.32
- CC number 7 is not anymore working (NS2 does not respond to volume cc messages thru MIDI, which should work as long as SWELL is set to VOLUME, but doesn't)
- Can not assign rotary speed on the wheel. Was possible on EX. Fixed in v1.40
- When playing the organ section with another keyboard in "dual keyboard mode", the swell pedal behaves strangely when switching between panels A and B. Fixed in v1.40
- Saving all Synth-parameters with "Saving synth sound" (monophonic, unisono mode, glide, vibrato is not be saved when storing a synth sound. Fixed in v1.40
- Extern section doesn't send Program Changes properly Fixed in v1.40
- Extern, "Send on Load" is not working Fixed in v1.40
- Extern, deactivating Keyboard (for External Control without sending Note On/Off) by pressing Shift+Extern On does not work Fixed in v1.30
- It should be possible to set a separate MIDI channel for each instrument in the MIDI menu, according to the manual. Fixed in v1.30
- Missing SysEx function and the ability to dump a program with all settings to a midi track in your host sequencer for fast recall. Fixed in v1.30
- When I depress the sustain pedal while doing a midi record in audio logic, the pedal off message is not recorded at the correct value 0. Fixed in v1.30
- MIDI Bank Change, Bank Select MSB (Control #0)is sent as Bank Select LSB (Control #32) and vice versa. This will be corrected in next OS update.