We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Postby Payback1 » 26 Aug 2016, 16:09

My cover band does a killer version of the old Ides of March tune.Im having an issue with finding the correct brass sound. The Pop Brass sections are working but I find the really bright and shrill even when eq'd down.Any suggestions for that full yet warmer sound?
Payback1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Sponsor

Re: Vehicle Brass on Ne5D

Postby jfenton » 26 Aug 2016, 16:14

I'm also finding the brass samples of Nord are not to my liking. I will likely sample some brass sounds off of my Kork Triton Extreme when I find the time. If I do , I will post them on this forum. Did you search the forum for better brass samples?
Keyboards:
  • NS2 EX Compact 73
  • Hammond SK2
  • Roland VCombo VR-09
  • Alesis VI61
jfenton
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby ericL » 26 Aug 2016, 21:33

I don't do brass too often, but when I do, I like HornTrio+Baryton and also BrassSect f Fall
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS2 EX76, NL2XR
Live rig: NS2 EX76, Yamaha Motif XS Rack, NL2Xr, Ventilator, Ashly LX-308B Mixer, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, Ultimate Ears UE7.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha S90, Roland JX-8P.

The author ericL was thanked by:
chatfd
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby chatfd » 27 Aug 2016, 19:13

I totally agree with that (re: brass on the NE5).

When I moved from a NE4 - the brass on the NE5D was not to my liking. I was a little disappointed. Yet, I did exactly what ericL said using the
ericL wrote:I don't do brass too often, but when I do, I like HornTrio+Baryton and also BrassSect f Fall
sample on the NE5D. I tweaked it a lot. Took longer than I expected - yet, the NE5 is more complex - takes time to find what one likes. Then the amp, than the .... Keep hacking at it - it will work eventually. I wish we all had more time to experiment.

My band also plays VEHICLE and even though I have pretty much what I like + want on the NE5d - with a KB split (B3 on the lower end - brass above - for Vehicle and 25 or 6 to 4) ... I still own & use a NE4D which is easy (I'm time challenged) to use the Brass Setting that I do like and still use at gigs! HANG IN THERE!
chatfd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby turakainen » 29 Aug 2016, 14:00

Hello,
can you share NE4- brass-sample here?
turakainen

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby chatfd » 29 Aug 2016, 17:32

turakainen wrote:Hello,
can you share NE4- brass-sample here?

I'm not close to my Nord to verify, but, I believe it was on line HERE: http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... wind-brass
I'm 95% sure it was THIS sample: (HornTrio+Baryton_Split_ste CLv4) that's included in the bundle you can still download from Nord. Of course it needs to be tweaked and EQ'd to your liking. I hope it helps! Nothing is better than real brass - but a lot more of a pay-share! Too bad the Nord does not get a share! lol
chatfd

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Return to Nord Electro Programs