Will electro4 EX appear to have layer and spilt in future?

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
endofsorrow

Will electro4 EX appear to have layer and spilt in future?

Post by endofsorrow »

Electro4 has everytihng I want except layer and split,will it has this in future? I just need mod and adjust volume of layer and split,Stage 2 but too much function for me,so entangled。。。
shark
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Re: Will electro4 EX appear to have layer and spilt in futur

Post by shark »

+ Pitch and modulation and it would be perfect.
Cute James
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by Cute James »

Not going to happen.

The Electro 4 product line-up is already complete.

James
x
My mind says Kawai, but my heart says Nord.
mjbrands

Post by mjbrands »

What's the use of layering or splits if the keyboard can only produce a single type of sound at the same time (mono-timbral)? The Electro line doesn't have enough 'horse power' to make more than one type of sound at the same time, it is not designed to do that.

As for pitch + modwheel; why not include aftertouch, which the Electro line also doesn't have? :D

If you add more controller features to the Electro and make it multi-timbral (= it can produce multiple different sounds at the same time), you pretty much end up with the Stage. Sure, it adds some additional stuff like more memory, more effects and morphing but it's pretty much the Electro's big, grown-up brother.

In my opinion the Stage line is the full-featured product, while the Electro and Piano lines are slimmed down versions catering either for musicians who want a light rig (Electro, though the Stage with semi-weighted keys isn't that heavy either) or who don't need the controller/synth/organ features of the Stage but who do need a good weighted keybed for playing pianos.

Personally I think the complexity of the Stage (regardless of which version) isn't that bad. Sure, it has a lot more knobs and buttons and it can seem daunting at first, but you don't need to use (let alone understand) every single knob/button to get good sound and have fun.

At almost twice as expensive as the Nord Piano 2 or Electro 4 HP, the Stage 2 isn't cheap; none of the Nords are. If you however compare it to the Electro/Piano and see what additional stuff you get for that money (more memory, two of each section and you can use all of them at the same time, more effects), it looks pretty good I think. A Stage 2 certainly lets you do more than two Nord Electros or Nord Pianos would allow you to do. If you need a second keyboard, just add a MIDI controller (like the organ version of the Fatar VMK-176, which has waterfall-style keys like the Electro 3/4 or Stage 2 SW73).

Just my opinion. I can understand why you'd want additional features in the Electro, but I think that keyboard already exists. You'd need to spend quite a bit more though.
Last edited by mjbrands on 22 Jan 2013, 03:34, edited 2 times in total.
whitenoise
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by whitenoise »

Not sure why Clavia could handle the parts cost for Nord Piano 2 to deliver split/layer capability but not with Electro. Or they could at least do the same thing as Hammond with SK series. They could let split between organ and piano section.

PS Fatar VMK-176 has weighted action. VMK-161 ogran is the one with waterfall keys.
harmonizer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Post by harmonizer »

I bought my NE3 because I realized I was never going to get a good Hammond organ sound from my Roland synth module.
I kept my Roland synth module because I realized I will never be able to do the creative splits on the NE3 that my Roland synth module allows.
As an example, I have a couple of performances on my Roland synth which allow me to fire off horn parts by pressing pedals on a footpedal MIDI controller,
where I am pressing only the "white keys" with my feet since that is all I can reliably press while standing and playing the sax.
Getting the last 5 measures of "25 or 6 to 4" right, firing off trumpet and trombone notes from the white key footpedals only, was a fun exercise.
So you can imagine I am not waiting for this type of split capability to make its way into the NE product line.