The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

C2D Presets

Postby The Franchise » 27 Jun 2013, 23:27

OK, maybe I'm not reading the manual correctly, or typically - trying to read too much into it, making it more difficult than it is. I can't seem to 'save' any of the drawbar settings in any of the presets. I can 'modify' a preset - live, but I want to then save (forever) those settings in say Preset 1, another in Preset 2, and yet another in Preset 3. What am I doing wrong ? Do I need to store each set up as a program in one of the empty prgm spots, then save that in the preset ?
Thanks for any help.

The Franchise.
The Franchise

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

C2D Presets

Sponsor

Re: C2D Presets

Postby Mooser » 28 Jun 2013, 22:26

Check the 'memory protect' function (System Menu #1) Once 'memory protect is unlocked', it takes a double press of the "Store" key to store a change in program.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby flmc59 » 30 Jun 2013, 20:07

Press live
Select preset a or b
Adjust the sound
Hold shift
Press the preset you want to store to.

The author flmc59 was thanked by:
Mooser
flmc59

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Mooser » 30 Jun 2013, 20:37

Thanks, flmc, I forgot about the "hold the shift key" part.

Oddly enough, yesterday I traded my A-100 and Leslie 45, along with an M3 and M-100, and some cash for a CV and Leslie 44W!! We had an orgy of organ moving, but got it done. I hope I never have to do that again, it involves two flights of stairs. There's a trap door in the studio ceiling which goes to the street, but I haven't completed the lift. I will now. I can't do that again.

I like it a lot, and it has TrekII perc added. Here's a picture. Very vintage sound. Very 'dirty', but it's good dirt(?) Also, a very good-looking rig. It'll be easy to stain the speaker to match, if I want to.
It's a one-speed, but there's so much "les" from the wood, and the bottom drum takes so long to stop, I don't miss chorale. It's easily converted to two-speed if I do. I'd probably use the Hamptone device which changes the frequency to reduce motor speed.

I didn't know that the CV get's the B+ voltage from the Leslie amp power supply! But I'm pretty clear on that now.
Attachments
48.JPG
48.JPG (323.09 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Last edited by Mooser on 30 Jun 2013, 20:54, edited 4 times in total.
Mooser

Postby flmc59 » 06 Jul 2013, 09:53

Hi Mooser
Your CV probably sounds close to my BC. They are really colorful organ. I would argue that they have richer sound than a B3. They usually leak more.
The earlier Hammonds has the notes on the TG terminal strip in chromatic order. This required longer leads which increased leakege. Later they routed the shortes way which gave a less ordered sequence on the TG strip

I have a switch piggybacked on my Lelsie so that can easily turn off the slow motors making my Leslie work in one speed mode. The change in sound goiung from dead stop is amazing. And as you say the long time to stop acts as a chorus. This why you see som gospel player flipping the swtich on an off quickly often. To keep the lower drum going slowly. And since the top rotor stops in acouple of seconds you realise how much the lower roter contributes to the 3d feeling in the sound. 80% at least.

Contratulations to the TG
flmc59

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Mooser » 09 Jul 2013, 02:17

I'm really liking the CV. I'd like to put a line out to reverb on it.
My bottom rotor takes fully almost 15 seconds to stop. Seems to go forever.

"you realise how much the lower roter contributes to the 3d feeling in the sound. 80% at least."

This is the first time I've had a full-size (41") Leslie, with all the back pieces and a good scrim on the bottom rotor, of my own. The effect from the bottom rotor is tremendous.

And I need to settle the question of how the balanced-line Hammond pre-amp should be connected to the "single-ended" (unblanced input) Leslie. "One G and ground?" or a matching transformer which converts the balanced line to unbalanced? Right now the organ is connected "one G and ground". Nobody seems to have any definite answers on this.
Not that I'm eager to mess around with the pre-amp connections on this one. That B+ voltage terrifies me! And it's everywhere! Always expecting it to jump out at me.

Attached are a couple of samples. There's an EV instrument mike on the upper& lower rotor, and an AKG condenser mike in the room. And as always, please forgive my clumsy playing. It's not easy with hooves, even if they're split. :roll:

Okay, this thing needs some reverb, badly. It's way too dry. :|
Attachments
The Good Life, the bad playing.mp3
The Good Life, the bad play
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 458 times
Candy man.mp3
Sample
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 465 times
Last edited by Mooser on 10 Jul 2013, 22:15, edited 6 times in total.
Mooser

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum