Nord stage 3 with 1,000€ discount

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
Padarapla

Nord stage 3 with 1,000€ discount

Post by Padarapla »

Hi all,

I have been browsing for second hand Nord Stage 2EX HP for a while, thinking that with the 3 series about to be released prices of second hand market of series 2 would start to reflect this.

Anyways, today I found an ad of someone apparently selling the Nord Stage 3 series for 1,000€ less, as compared to the announced prices of the 3 series. The person in question has told me:
a. The reason for the discount is becuase it is bought abroad and has no taxes. Guarantee included, legit new packaging, etc. I was told they have "contacts" within Nord and that they buy straight from them without taxes.
b. They do cash on delivery, giving some time for you to check the keyboard works correctly. They do this either with standard mail service of cash on delivery but they can also transport it at a cost.

It obviously seems too good to be legit, but just wanted to check with you. On point a), they said they can provide the bill pf the prchase from Nord. On the grounds of point b), I am inclined to think they do have the keyboards, or that they can potentialy have them. But it is where it comes from that is odd.

I guess there are two questions I'd like to ask: first, ehat are the chances this is all fake? What are the chances that I can actually get it for 1k less though it is probably not a legit transaction let's say?

On a totally separate note - do you think retail prices of Series 2 will drop substantially with the release of Series 3, based on past experience? I mean both for "retail" and second hand

Thanks guys
Last edited by Padarapla on 14 Jun 2017, 18:37, edited 3 times in total.
NightSkyStudio
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Nord stage 3 with 1,000€ discount

Post by NightSkyStudio »

I saw something very similar when I was looking for a Yamaha MOXF6. The dealer was located in Asia. I did a little digging and didn't like what I found, so I never placed an order. Personally, I'd be suspicious of any deal for a brand new model, no matter where it came from.

As far as deals on NS2, they will start to show up, but older models tend to retain value for quite some time. For retail, I haven't seen too may shops that have NS2s in stock, so most probably won't be able to offer deals on old stock. They generally just order what's available from the manufacturer or distributor, and that will be the new model NS3.
Thanks,
Tom
[hr]Nord Stage 2, Rev B. OS 2.24, Yamaha MOXF6
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

I'd be VERY suspicious of such a big discount.
Especially on a brand new model.
Especially on an expensive brand that is known for NEVER discounting its products or making new-launch special offers.

The "Bought abroad, no taxes" thing is bulls**t.
If it's bought in the EU, you must pay taxes. If it comes from outside, you must pay customs and import taxes.
Otherwise it's just illegal. And you will be held responsible, as the owner of an illegal item.

If I were you, I'd forget it and start looking for deals on a NS2.
Unfortunately, it's unlikely you will find really good deals.
Prices (new and used) will go down, but not much.
Nords are highly prized on the used market, and the Stage is their top-of-the-line model. People know they will sell anyway, regardless of new/used/new model coming out.
When the Stage2X was released, prices of Stage2s were almost completely unaffected. Of course the Stage 3 is a bigger change, but don't expect half-price sales.
Maybe a 500€ discount, maybe even less.
Last edited by Spider on 15 Jun 2017, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Spider for the post:
Padarapla
kbrkr
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by kbrkr »

On the other hand, I have purchased new keyboards from local dealers in the states who discount well below the MAP prices established by the manufacturer. For example, when the Yamaha Tyros 5 first came out it was listed at $5,499.00! I ended up purchasing this for $3,900.00. A full US warranty, sealed box, perfect unit. So something is going on with the price fixing on these keyboards, but the retailers have a nice markup they can work with.

They key for me is the warranty; will it be honored by the manufacturer. I also tend to purchase from my local retailer in case there are issues with the board. Many times in the past, I have had hardware failures either before or during a gig, and my retailer would bail me out with a loaner and repair. The loaners are always free. There's no way an online retailer can do this.

The bottom line as others have said, give it the "Sniff" test. If they have a good reputation, no negative feedback or ratings online, check with others who have purchased before, etc. then I might take a chance.
Last edited by kbrkr on 15 Jun 2017, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author kbrkr for the post:
Padarapla
Padarapla

Post by Padarapla »

Thanks everyone for the useful feedback!

As some of you suggested, I guess I will have to look for legit NS2 deals. Currently the difference of the NS2EX HP with respect to the equivalent of the Series 3 is about 400 Eur. My thinking was that I could wait until the NS3 is released, so that this difference in value increases. I would definitely buy the NS3 if the difference is of "only" 400 Eur, but I would go for the NS2 if I can get it for 700-800 less (since I don't value the new features of the NS3 as much as to pay 700-800 more).
Last edited by Padarapla on 15 Jun 2017, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
kbrkr
Patch Creator

Post by kbrkr »

Well, considering the Nord Lead A1 is priced at $1,700 here in the US and will become a new synth in the NS3, is that worth 700-800 to have essentially a 1700 keyboard build in?

I don't have any history working with the synth section on the Nord Stage keyboards, but perhaps others can comment on the added benefit and more importantly the VALUE is of the addition of the A1 Synth in the NS3. When you combine the sound capability of the A1 synth with the other features on the NS3, that is a powerfully sonic and sound texture in your music arsenal.
These users thanked the author kbrkr for the post:
Padarapla
Quai34
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by Quai34 »

Yes, good comparaison between the 1700$ of The Nord Lead A1, I've never put it that way in perspective....But to be honest, I was already planning to buy a Nord Lead when I bought the Stage 2 when it was released, so...
I agree that people could put the "Half an Lead A1 into a stage 3" as a good opportunity to buy a new Stage 3 but for me it will be mostly the increase of memory and the 3 split points....
Smooth transition between programs and inside a program is not that much important because I have a lot of other keys...
The upgrade in keybed, close to (Or equivalent to...) a Kawaii was the most important for me but it's not in the new features, then, I will wait...
These users thanked the author Quai34 for the post:
Padarapla
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

If you buy an instrument from, say, China and you have a service problem with the instrument, it will need to go back to China for service. Warranties are administered by the national distributors of each respective nation. Your Spanish distributor will NOT pay for repairs to an instrument which did not pass through their hands in the distribution chain (that is, on which they made no profit), and rightfully so.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
Gambold

Post by Gambold »

>Anyways, today I found an ad of someone apparently selling the Nord Stage 3 series for 1,000€ less, as compared to the announced prices of the 3 series.<

Post the ad! Would love to see it...esp since yeah it sounds scammy.
Last edited by Gambold on 17 Jun 2017, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by analogika »

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio