Personally, I would like to know what Nord's plans are for a new Organ. The C2D is at least 5 years old now and some other Clones have done alot of catching up and even surpassing in some cases. The last thing any of us Organ players want to do is go out and buy a new C2D only to have Nord release one in the next 12 months. I fully appreciate that the organs are probably not their biggest sellers, but I would certainly like to see what Nord would be capable of 5 years on. While I think the C2D is astounding, here's a few things I would like to see in the eventual C3D.
- Triple sensor keys (Nord already use this on the Piano 3 and Hammond have just introduced it on the XK5)
- Some sort of, even if limited, option for EP and Acoustic Piano layering. Plenty of organ players out there thought this functionality on the Hammond SK2 was great, but all of them would have preferred Nord's superior Piano sounds! I would happily sell up my E5D if the C3D included this...In effect a dual manual Electro would be perfect!!
- OLED Display. I love the OLED Display and menu systems on my E5D, only makes sense to add it to a new organ.
- Possibly an update on the Vibrato and Chorus sounds. They've come a long way, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be the best.
- More editable settings for the Leslie sim. They're current sim is excellent, but some additional perimeters would make it extra special.
I think that would just about do it for most organ players out there...any other thoughts?